Our DPM Polythene 4m X 25m 1200 Gauge (300mu) Black is a heavy duty membrane polythene sheet. Designed to prevent moisture from the ground entering a property. This 1200 gauge DPM is a black polyethylene membrane that is most often used on solid concrete ground floors. Supplied in the recommended thickness of 300μm and 1200 gauge, which provides an effective and high quality protective barrier between a concrete slab or screed and the final flooring finish. Ideally equipped to safeguard buildings against moisture, rising water and damp from the ground. These qualities offer long term protection to the upper surface of the floor from damage. It is also suitable for many other home and garden uses.
Offering a reliable barrier to the passage of moisture from the ground. DPM polythene enables a floor to comply with the national Building Regulation requirements. It will also offer a robust puncture resistance, protecting against damage from normal foot or site traffic when properly installed on surfaces. Supplied CE approved 1200 gauge damp proof membrane. Manufactured to last the lifetime of the floor construction.
DPM Polythene 4m X 25m 1200 Gauge (300mu) Black Key Features:
- Thickness – 300mu (micron) or 1200 Gauge
- High Tear resistance
- Excellent stability, strength and cohesion
- Ideal for installation as a membrane in base concrete or between the base concrete and screed
- High water vapour resistance
- Manufactured to last the lifetime of the floor construction
- Complies with all local building regulations
- Packaged folded to 1m for ease of handling
- For use in refurbishment & new builds
- Suitable for use in underfloor heating applications
- BBA Approved
When it comes to the application of 1200 gauge DPM, you should be aware that the product can be installed as an oversite membrane, between a hard core bed and the base concrete, as a membrane in base concrete or between the base concrete and screed. Ensure DPM is covered by a screed or other protective layer as soon as possible after installation. Take care to ensure that the membrane is not stretched or displaced when placing the concrete or screed over the membrane.
Looking for a lighter duty polythene? Check out our 500 gauge here.