EPS Insulation Rasp (Plastic Handle) is a lightweight, easy-to-use tool designed to create a mechanical key on the surface of EPS boards. Its abrasive surface allows the user to effectively sand down the insulation boards, creating a flat surface before adding the basecoat layer.
The EPS Insulation Rasp is available in 270mm & 400mm.
EPS Insulation Rasp Application
- Press rasp lightly against the EPS; excessively heavy pressure may cause damage
- Start from top of system and work your way down
- Avoid rasping on a windy day so that EPS shavings do not fly everywhere
- Best practice is to have one worker rasping, while other uses an industrial hoover directly beneath to catch shavings
- We recommend moving the rasp in small circles
- Do not wax-on, wax-off – always stick to one direction, all workers on site should rasp either clockwise or anticlockwise to create a uniform finish
- Always ensure that your Steel Rasp is kept clean and dry in between uses
- Store in a dry, secure place away from exposure to elements
For our full range of finishing floats, check out our YouTube video