Sto Plastic Smoothing (Texturing) Trowel 1mm & 2mm
Spraying done. The trowel is in hand and that means the end is in sight. The Sto Plastic Smoothing (Texturing) Trowel is incredibly popular with renderers and will enable that smooth, even finish that leaves every customer delighted. This Plastic Trowel is ideal for rubbing up thin coat render and finishing top coat within an external wall insulation system. The plastic blade is made of shock-proof rigid PVC which sweeps over your render effortlessly. The blade has been engineered to reduce the moisture that is bought to the surface and therefore decrease drying times, the PVC material also means the blade is simple to clean even with stubborn render or plaster. The Sto Trowel is lightweight and easy to use which ultimately means less wear and tear on your body. The Smoothing Trowel is a high-quality design with a strong wooden handle and is available in both 1mm and 2mm thickness.
When it comes to finishing off your render we have a few tips for best practice to get the most out of your Trowel and the best possible finish on your render.
1. Work from east-west so the render does not dry out too quickly in the sun before it is rubbed up
2. Work in consistent circular motions (always in the same direction) to ensure a consistent appearance
3. Always work from the top down
4. Do not rub too aggressively
- Available in 1mm and 2mm
- Grey shock-proof PVC blade
- Wooden handle